Saturday 8 August 2015

Review: The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Bonjour mes amis! I am back with a review for Holiday Book 2, which was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which is the 'N' for my A-to-Z Challenge 2015.
I borrowed this novel from my local library, and I certainly expected it to be good because I had heard so many people raving about it. Now I see why. It was phenomenal.
I really enjoyed the way the book was actually set out. It followed a chronology and yet managed to flit back and forth in time so effortlessly; and never did the reader lose track of what was going on. It is rather impressive, if you ask me. The manner in which the relationship between Clare and Henry was built up and developed was poignant and beautiful; the way that memory and mystery played such a huge part in the novel was really intriguing and kept me hooked from start to finish. I found the premise itself very interesting: Henry has a genetic disorder where he will randomly time travel back and forth, not being able to control where or when he appears or how long he remains in that time. It is really fascinating to think that Henry didn't know Clare for so long while she had known him practically all her life, and all the meetings that had already happened in her timeline were yet to occur in his. I just find it fairly mind-blowing that someone could have thought this up, and performed it so expertly. The ending was simply heart-wrenching and was a superb conclusion to the story. I definitely recommend this to all, it is world class!

Thank you for reading my review! If you would take the time to comment your thoughts, I would be extremely grateful! Like, comment and follow, and until next time, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment