Monday 17 August 2015

Review: Golden Boy - Abigail Tarttelin

Hello! I am now reviewing the final Holiday Book, Holiday Book 8! This was Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin, the 'T' for my A-to-Z Challenge 2015.

20554067This book stressed me out. Like, so much. It was emotional, distressing, and horrifying all at once. It tells the story of Max, an intersex teenager who identifies as male, who, after being sexually assaulted, has to live through horrible tribulations. I was just in shock at this. What a situation to be in! I have never wanted to stab someone so much in my life as I did with the rapist. He is an absolutely abominable libertine and I despise him. And that just shows how good this book is, that I have these thoughts of brutal murder. What else but a good book could draw these emotions out of me?
This book is very important. I was rather ignorant myself to the plights and lives of intersex people before reading this; they aren't as publicised as the rest of the LGBTQIAP community. Considering some of the exasperating opinions I received when I talked about this book, it is important that more people read this and learn about it. 
I highly recommend this book! Do it! Now!

Thanks for reading! Like, comment, and follow, and until next time, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment