Wednesday 12 August 2015

12/08/2015 - Top 5 Required Reading

Hello again! Today is Wednesday and is thus Top 5 Wednesday; the topic today is "Top 5 Required Reading", which is rather interesting. I've been forced to read a lot of books, some good, some bad and some ugly... today we shall celebrate the good, and they are as follows:

5. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare - I really enjoyed this play when I read it in Year 9; it is humorous, dramatic and the best Shakespeare play that I have read.
4. Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare - Probably the most famous Shakespeare play today, and I can see why. It is a dramatic masterpiece, laced with humour and intriguing characters, such as my personal favourite, Mercutio.
3. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill - This was studied during our work on gothic literature. This is honestly one of the only books I have read that actually put me on edge; reading assignments that I procrastinated and ended up having to do late at night... not the best idea by me! It is really quite chilling (although I don't much like the ending, but that's besides the point), and I've been to see it on stage twice now.
2. Blood Brothers by Willy Russell - This musical/play is great. The characters were well developed, the storyline was interesting and emotionally raw and the ending is a shocker! If you ever get the chance, go see this in a theatre, it's a brilliant show!
1. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson - I really enjoyed this book when I studied it. As you probably all know well, I love classics, and this is a fantastic Victorian novel! Mysterious, chilling and exciting, it is most definitely worth the read!

Thank you for reading! If you had to read any of these, tell me in the comments if you enjoyed them or not! I would be interested to read your views. Like, comment and follow, and until next time, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment