Tuesday 7 July 2015

08/07/2015 - Top 5 Things on Your Bookshelf That Aren't Books

Salut! Today is Wednesday, and you know what that means! Top 5 Wednesdays are back! This week the topic is 'Top 5 Things on Your Bookshelf That Aren't Books'; this is going to be embarrassing, but whatever. The sacrifice is a worthy one.

5. My DVD Collection, comprised of every episode of Family Guy, ever; American Dad boxsets, American Horror Story, Doctor Who, Anime and a whole host of other motion pictures and television programmes which I enjoy.

4. This cool and surprisingly effective panda fan which I got for free at HyperJapan London last year. The details of the company that were giving them out is on the back, which I have shown below:
 

3. My photo albums! The one on the left is, obviously, Winnie the Pooh themed, and has photos from around 2007 I think? I can't remember, but nevertheless, my spelling was shocking, as was my photography apparently. The one on the right was given to me on my First Holy Communion, and it has a few photos from that celebration in it, but the rest are terrible quality snapshots from my Year 6 French trip from a disposable camera. Like, I think I should become one of the paparazzi, I am just that artistic and skilled at photography.
 

2. The Boy With The Frilly Knickers by Ben Sawyer, Age 11. This was a short story written by me in Year 6 during a task for Book Week, where we had to compose a story and read it to someone in younger years. Evidently, being the literary prodigy that I am, I created this masterpiece: an epic narrative of love, loss and humiliation that truly pushes the boundaries of society and the human condition. I am, of course, joking: it is actually about a boy who receives frilly knickers from his grandmother for Christmas that happen to haunt him ever after. You may laugh at my expense, but it went down well, from what I remember. Also, move over Quentin Blake, the new illustrations king is here.

1. The Bobblyfaces Comic Series by Ben Sawyer, Age 11. These are some of my best work. In Year 6, I spent my time at the end of the year making these comics about the melodramatic saga of these yellow balls with faces and all the "hilarious" banter that follows in their wake. I actually had an audience for these compositions, small as it may have been. However, I'm not entirely sure it was because they pitied me or were being sarcastic, but the results of it were me creating these comic books which make me laugh from the sheer embarrassment, let alone the hysterical jokes that I told. Honestly, these will be published one day: mark my words.

Well then, that was far more humiliating than I first envisaged. I hoped you all laughed at my expense as much as I cried! If you enjoyed it, like, comment and follow, and until next time, paalam na!

No comments:

Post a Comment